Here is my formal disclosure:
- I do not accept any form of payment for the review of services and/or products.
- All software that I review, link to or recommend will have been purchased by me. I may however accept complimentary evaluations and on some cases request them myself.
- For the links to products – whether it is a recommendation, review or a simple link in the content of my posts – I may be paid a commission if you decide to purchase the product. The affiliate links do not have any bearing on the price of the product.
- When reviewing, recommending or linking to a product, I try my utmost to ensure that I’m impartial, whether I’ll receive compensation for it or not.
The process that I typically go through prior to reviewing, recommending or linking to a product is as follows:
- I’ll typically hear about a specific product through discussion or my own research and over time may become interest in it enough to consider mentioning it.
- I’ll then attempt to get a copy of the product, whether it’s through an evaluation copy or by simply purchasing the full version.
- I will then do my own personal evaluation of the product as well as look at the kind of experience that other people are having with it.
- I’ll then decide whether I would like to recommend it, link to it or just simply mention it.
- It’s only at this point that I will decide to dig deeper to determine whether or not I can receive commissions through an affiliate program, if so, then I’ll try and find special discounts that I can recommend exclusively to my readers.
I use affiliate links throughout my website. Any product link that you find could possibly be an affiliate link.
To conclude, some of the products and/or sites that I recommend, link to or mention could belong to family members and/or friends. The relationship that I have with them could play into my willingness to evaluate their product before others; however, it will in no way have bearing on my overall opinion. I’ll rate any and all products on their own merits.